There’s something trippy in the air!
Who will benefit from it the most from Medical Cannabis and what should you ask your doctor?
What Makes Medical Cannabis Different from Recreational Marijuana
In a nutshell, a doctor’s recommendation is required to access, buy, and consume cannabis for a specific ailment or symptom.
How Cannabis Can Help with Patients with Specific Illnesses
Medical cannabis come in various strains, compositions and strengths. As a result, their effects can vary too. Such effects will not only depend on the plant characteristics itself but also your symptoms. Plus, there are also variations among individual reactions to cannabis.
People who will specifically benefit the most from medical cannabis are those seeking relief from the following:
- Chronic pain associated with nervous system problem including (facial neuralgia, phantom pain)
- Pain, muscle spasms, or cramps associated with or
- Nausea, loss of appetite, and debilitation resulting from HIV or AIDS
- Nausea and vomiting associated with (chemotherapy and radiotherapy) as well in the treatment of HIV and AIDS
- particularly when it comes to
- Epilepsy by reducing
What to Ask Your Doctor About Medical Marijuana
When visiting a clinic specializing in cannabis or when you’re talking to your doctor, it’s incredibly important to take note and ask about the following:
- Will this specific strain impact my mood and level of alertness? How about my sleeping patterns?
- Should I take different strains one at a time or can I have them at the same time?
- Will medical cannabis interfere with my other medications?
Should I look for a strain higher or lower in CBD (Cannabidiol) or THC (tetrahydrocannabinol)?
- How do I consume my medical cannabis? Vaping, edibles, or topical?
What are the possible side effects?
By the end of your consultation, you should walk out of the clinic knowledgeable about the right medical marijuana strain for you.
It will also help if you educate yourself on the different types of medical marijuana and how it can help with your specific condition. Go online and read about cannabis as a drug from reliable resources. Join forums dedicated to the subject and ask questions. You don’t only need information but insights as well from people who have tried and have the same condition as you.
Looking for a Dispensary in Urbana, Maryland?
Drop by at the Kannavis Dispensary in Urbana when you can!
Our personal and discreet medical marijuana dispensary is headed by Dr. Craig Hauser, M.D., an Integrative and Functional Medicine practitioner in Maryland specializing in helping patients feel better by finding the root cause using out-of the box solutions including medical cannabis.